Media Services Guidelines
Media Services serves faculty and staff.
Please be sure to provide enough lead time for services as last-minute requests may not be able to be filled due to equipment and time limitations.
Loaner Equipment (webcams, cameras, microphones, recorders, document cameras, laptops, etc.)
- Minimum 24 hours advance notice
- Maximum 2-week checkout
- Some equipment, such as document cameras and bar-microphones, can be installed in a classroom for the duration of the quarter
Classroom Filming (student speeches, guest lectures, etc.)
- Please request as soon as possible; subject to scheduling limitations
- Minimum of 3 business days for editing and processing
- Delivered through web links or DVD
Filming Lecture Series, Large Meetings, etc.
- Minimum of 1 week advance notice; subject to scheduling limitations
- For a 2-camera event, a minimum of 1 week is required for editing and processing. For events involving three cameras or special projects requiring consultation and arrangement, more time is required.
- Minimum 24 hours notice; subject to scheduling limitations
- Include location in the request. Media Services will provide necessary equipment and schedule the online session
Digitizing DVDs or VHS tapes (subject to copyright law)
- Minimum of 1 week for editing and processing
- If subtitles are not already available, additional time will be required for captioning
- Please allow sufficient time. Large projects, including posters, will take more time to complete.
- Maximum poster size 24”x36” (ANSI D)
Students Clubs and Student Projects
Students may not check out Media Services equipment, but associated faculty and staff may. The requesting faculty or staff is responsible for the equipment and replacement in case of damage or loss.