No emergency is ever the same therefore no single response can dictate how an emergency will be dealt with. Green River College will do everything within its power and resources to prevent the loss of life and property.
- Always assess if anyone is injured and the severity of the injuries. Immediately call Campus Safety at 253-288-3350 or campus extension 3350 and/or call 911.
- Provide traffic control assistance to enable emergency vehicles to respond.
- Never speculate about the circumstances of an emergency.
- Follow directions given by law enforcement or emergency response personnel.
- Remain calm; keep each other informed as much as possible; reassure others.
- Do not speak to the media; direct them to the Executive Director of College Relations/PIO, ext. 3600.
- Closely monitor all communication channels to keep informed of developments, especially before traveling to campus.
Sample Action Plans for Potential Scenarios
Click here for information about Narcan (Naloxone HCI) Opioid Overdose Response.
Contact Campus Safety
Non-Emergency: From any campus phone, dial 3350. All other phones 253-288-3350.
Safety Requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Campus Safety & Transportation: Derek Ronnfeldt
Alerts & Notifications
Sign up to receive safety, crime, traffic, training, and weather alerts on our Emergency & Safety Alerts page.