Campus Safety offers the following services upon request:
Enhanced 911 allows a person to dial 911 and directly reach the jurisdictional emergency services for the campus. Thus, dial 911 to report any police, fire or medical emergency.
Whether you are on campus or off campus, dial 911 via a fixed phone or a cell phone to report all criminal, fire and medical emergencies.
Guidelines for Calling 911
- Stay on the line with the dispatcher.
- Provide the address of the building involved and your exact location. This is especially critical if you are calling from a cell phone.
- Describe the incident thoroughly to help ensure that proper resources are dispatched.
- Do not hang up until the dispatcher tells you to do so.
Request a Gator Safe Walk or Safety Escort
The Gator Safe Walk is available to all students, faculty and staff members who would like to be escorted to and from places, including campus locations, bus stops near campus and Campus Corner Apartments. Dial 253-288-3350 to request an escort.
Examples of when to request a Gator Safe Walk:
- When studying late at the Holman Library, Student Union or any other campus building
- When leaving your evening classes, meetings or work
- When you don't feel comfortable walking alone for any reason
Tips to help you develop a personal safety plan:
- Carry a cell phone and know where you can and can't get cell service
- Limit alcohol use
- Remain Alert
- Vary your route
- Walk with a friend
- Stay in well-lit areas
- Take advantage of After Hours Safety Rides
Campus Safety Rides
Campus Safety and Transportation will provide rides for all students to and from CCA, nearby apartments, home shares, Holman Library and local stores.
Hours of Operation of Campus Safety Rides
- Sunday—Thursdays: Dusk to 1:00 a.m
- Fridays & Saturdays: 6:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
Make sure you have your student I.D. with you to show to the Safety Ride assistants. If you have any questions please call Campus Safety at 253-288-3350
Campus Safety provides limited support for those who may need assistance for the following vehicle issues:
- Vehicle unlocks
- Vehicle jumpstarts or
- Tire inflations
Lost and Found
Campus Safety Office serves as the main Lost and Found for Green River and is located in the main Campus Safety Office in the Administrative Building.
Items are kept until the end of the current quarter. Unclaimed items are donated to charitable groups in our community.
If an item is found anywhere on campus the items needs to go immediately to the Lost and Found at the Campus Safety Office. Please label the item with the following: date, time and location found.
If a student or person comes into your area inquiring about a lost or found item, please direct the student or person to the Campus Safety Office.
Support for victims that have obtained Restraining Orders, Orders of Protection, No Contact Orders and Anti-Harassment Orders
Campus Safety Officers can help support you based on your situation.
Immigrant & Refugee Resources
For the latest news and updates regarding U.S. immigration policy, please visit the Holman Library's guide on Immigrant and Refugee Resources.
Contact Campus Safety
Non-Emergency: From any campus phone, dial 3350. All other phones 253-288-3350.
Safety Requests: email@example.com
Director of Campus Safety & Transportation: Derek Ronnfeldt
Alerts & Notifications
Sign up to receive safety, crime, traffic, training, and weather alerts on our Emergency & Safety Alerts page.