Green River College Council
The College Council is a college-wide body that reviews and considers key college issues and makes recommendations to the College President. It includes representation from and takes into consideration the views of faculty, staff, administrators, and students in decision-making processes on matters which they have a direct and reasonable interest.
The College Council will provide a format for college-wide dialog by creating an integrated voice and utilizing the expertise of the entire College community based on a shared understanding of the mission, vision, core themes, core objectives, and values.
The College Council may ratify, amend, reject or return to a council for reconsideration any submitted proposal or recommendation. The College Council will consider and act upon college-wide Items for Consideration originating from the campus, constituent or functional councils, the College President, or the Board of Trustees. Proposals, recommendations, or amendments to the constitution acted on by the College Council will be forwarded to the College President for action or sent to other councils, as appropriate.
The Green River College Council shall consist of:
- Two members of the Administrator Council
- Two members of the Classified Council
- Two members of the Exempt Council
- Two members of the Faculty Council (Instructional Council—IC)
- Two members of the Student Council (Associated Students of Green River College—ASGRC)
Each constituent council will determine which members will represent them on the College Council as determined by their individual by-laws.
2018-2019 Meeting Dates
Meeting Times: 1 - 3 p.m.
- October 9, 2018 / Executive Team
- November 13, 2018
- December 11, 2018 / Executive Team
- January 8, 2019
- February 12, 2019 / Executive Team
- March 12, 2019
- April 9, 2019 / Executive Team
- May 14, 2019
- June 11, 2019 TBD
Meeting Minutes and Agendas