How to Properly Use the Text Editor
The text editor in TerminalFour is similar to any other word processor, with a few added extras.
Basic editing features
You can use the editor to paste text, add images, create bulleted lists, and spell check your content before it’s published.
Cut, Copy and Paste
Cut, Copy and paste are all under the Edit button, but you can also use Ctrl+x (cut), Ctrl+c (copy), Ctrl+v (paste) if these don’t work in your browser (on Macs: Command+x, Command+c, Command+v).
It’s best to write most of your text in Word or another word processor and then paste it into TerminalFour to ensure you have a backup copy.
Paste as Text
Select this option if you’d like your pasted content to show up as plain text, which strips out formatting.
Apply text formatting using the Format menu – you can highlight text and make bold or italicized text, or apply headlines:
Refer to our Web Content Guidelines if you have questions about how to write and apply headlines.
Inserting Lists and Links
Insert a list using the Content Editor to add formatting like bulleted lists and headlines to the page to make it easy for web visitors to scan. Note: Always select basic bullet options as our CSS will override specialty bullets.
To insert a link to a page within the site:
Highlight text and click “Add Link” to add links to your page.
Insert Section Link lets you to link to another section of the website.
Insert/edit external link lets you add links outside of the Site Structure or greenriver.edu.
- Note: If adding external links be sure to add appropriate alt text within the Title field. External links may only be to website that meet the minimal accessibility standards setforth in the Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG) 2.0 AA standards.
Adding Images or Documents
All images and documents must be approved and uploaded to the Media Library by the College Relations Web Team. To request an asset be uploaded, please complete a Web Project Request. To add images or documents once approved:
Select “insert from media”
Search or select the media you’d like to use (if it’s already in the media library) or click "Add Media" to upload a new file.
Adding media that is already in the Media Library
- Click on the "Categorised" folder to expand it (if not already expanded).
- Navigate to the folder in which your media item has been placed.
- Click on the folder name to see all the media stored in that folder.
- Click on the title of the media you wish to add to your content.
Resources and Tools
- Project Request Procedures
- College Relations Service Catalog
- Branding & Identity Guide
- Creative Asset Wizard
- Disclaimers & Publication Statements
- Green River College Photo Library
- Content Manager CMS Login
- Web Support
- Digital Signage Content Guide
- Photo & Video Release
- Media Rights Release
For questions or inquiries please contact us at 253-833-9111, ext. 3318, or by email:
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Friday|
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Saturday - Sunday|
The College Relations offices are located in Rutkowski Learning Center (RLC), 148.