Message from the President | GRC denounces violence, prejudice, and hate toward Asian communities
By Suzanne M. Johnson, March 30, 2021
Editor's Note: Below is a message from Dr. Suzanne Johnson, President of Green River College, sent to Faculty and Staff on Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Dear Green River College Community -
I am reaching out to all of you to address the trauma being experienced within our Asian communities as a result of anti-Asian acts of violence and hate. We know many of you are experiencing anxiety, fear, and grief as result of the ongoing violence and loss of life.
Green River College denounces these acts of violence, prejudice and hate. We stand in solidarity with our Asian community members. Please see the following statements from member organizations:
- American Association of Community Colleges (AACC)
- Association of Community College Trustees(ACCT)
- Washington Association of Community and Technical Colleges (WACTC)
If any of our college community members are experiencing harassment or discrimination, I have included Green River's Complaint Policy and Procedure and the Student Code of Conduct. If you are experiencing trauma, please see the following links for resources in our communities:
- Asian Counseling and Referral Services
- Racial Justice Resources
- National Asian American Pacific Islander Mental Health Association
- South Asian Therapists
- Asian Mental Health Collective
Please stand with me in support of our Asian communities.