Intensive English: Levels 4 & 5
New Intensive English Program (IEP) students are placed in the appropriate level through the following methods:
- To be placed in Level 5 academic bridge class, students need a 55-59 international TOEFL score, an overall IELTS of 5.5 with no bands lower than 4, a 75-90 DuoLingo score, or a 655-695 TOEIC score
- To be placed in Level 4 bridge, students need a 50-54 international TOEFL score, an overall IELTS 5 with no bands lower than 3.5, a 55-70 DuoLingo score, or a 605-650 TOEIC score.
- Students with scores below Level 4, can be placed directly into our lower level classes.
- Students with no TOEFL, IELTS, DuoLingo, or TOEIC scores will be tested and placed into the appropriate level using a reliable diagnostic test that evaluates the students' skills in listening, reading, vocabulary, writing and grammar.
What to expect:
- Twenty hours of class per week for levels 4 and 5 students.
- Level 4 students have the opportunity to take a pre-selected 2-credit academic class with their IEP class in preparation for the 5-credit academic class in level 5.
- Level 5 students take a pre-selected 5-credit transfer class with their IEP class in which they receive support from their IEP instructor and classmates. Students take their academic transfer class with American students.
It's easy to get started:
- Step 1: Submit Application
- Step 2: Receive I-20 Form
- Step 3: F-1 Visa Interview
- Step 4: Arrival in the USA
Go to the Admissions page.
Transferred to:UC Berkeley BS, UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
“After studying English (IEP) at Green River for a year, I then studied another 2 years in the academic program. In 2013, I transferred to UC Berkeley. I am now pursuing further education at the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, the #1 School of veterinary medicine in the world. I cannot describe how much I appreciate Green River College. I would not have been able to make it this far without my time at GRC.”
Major: Molecular Environmental Biology
Jiacheng Liu (Tyler)
Transferred to: UCLA
“Green River College offers a great program that is open to every level of student. You can start from Intensive English classes and transfer to a top university.”
Major: Electrical Engineering
Follow us on:
Application deadline for students transferring from within the U.S. is by 8 a.m. on the first day of the quarter.
|31 March 2021|
|17 June 2021|
|Preferred Application Deadline:|
|15 May 2021|
|9 & 10 June 2021|
|Arrival & Housing Move-in Day|
|26 June 2021|
|28 June 2021|
|19 August 2021|
Green River College
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA USA 98092-3699