University Transfer Pathway - FAQ

Green River College International Programs

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How does it work?

Over 25 universities have offered the University Transfer Pathway (UTP) option to any student who is admitted to Green River. The guarantee does not apply to “impacted” majors. This is how it works:

  1. Apply to Green Riveronline or on paper.
  2. Select a university – Choose the university from the list. Check the university on the application. Choose one university only. Make sure the university you choose has your major.

You will receive the university conditional admission letter or statement at the same time you receive the Green River admission letter.

  • Will a University Transfer Pathway letter or statement help me get a US student visa?

It may help, but the main purpose of the program is to help you plan your academic program in the US. You should be familiar with both Green River College and the university when you apply for a visa. Visas cannot be guaranteed.

  • Do I have to transfer to the university which issues me the letter?

No. You can transfer anywhere you want.

  • Will the UTP partner school contact me?

Yes. Green River will provide your contact information for the university to contact you.

  • How much does this program cost?

It's free.

  • Can I apply to a different UTP school later?

Yes. You can use UTP to transfer to any UTP partner school at anytime.


Have questions about the University Transfer Pathway program?

View FAQ

Claybert Pusung

Transferred to: Embry-Riddle, Prescott

photo of student Claybert Pusung

“When I heard about Green River's Transfer Pathway agreement with Embry-Riddle, a top Aeronautical University, I applied.”

Major: Aviation
Country: Indonesia

Roger Luo

Transferred to: UCLA

photo of student Roger Luo

“I chose Green River because the staff were really helpful and because of the University Transfer Pathway Program. The college has pathway relationships with many universities. My mom was happy to see that Green River has a Pathway with UC Irvine.”

Major: Computer Science
Country: China

Contact Us

Phone: 253-288-3300
Fax: 253-333-4940

Follow us on:

Upcoming Dates

Application deadline for students transferring from within the U.S. is by 8 a.m. on the first day of the quarter.

Spring Term
Classes Start:
31 March 2021
Classes End:
17 June 2021
Summer Term
Preferred Application Deadline:
15 May 2021
Orientation (virtual)
9 & 10 June 2021
Arrival & Housing Move-in Day
26 June 2021
Classes Start:
28 June 2021
Classes End:
19 August 2021


Green River College
IVD Building
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA USA 98092-3699

International Programs Main Campus Map