Students must complete and submit an entry application and be accepted into the program before registering for any upper-division (300- and 400-level) courses.
Admissions requirements are:
- Completion of an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5
- A grade of 2.5 or higher in an intermediate-level Java programming course (such as SDEV 220 or CS 145 or equivalent) or a waiver from the Program Director for entry into the program
The following courses or their equivalents are also critical to your success in the program and contain foundational knowledge upon which upper-division courses in software development build:
- IT 201 Database Fundamentals
- SDEV 106 Front-End Web Development
- SDEV 219 or CS&141 Java 1
- SDEV 220 or CS 145 Java 2
Students who have completed some college coursework but do not have an associate degree or higher are encouraged to meet with a Software Development advisor to develop an educational plan to prepare for entry into the program.