The application cycle runs March-July each year. Below is a list of application materials to help prepare you for this process.
- Complete all prerequisite coursework.
Prerequisites for Practical Nursing
Dept./Course # Course Title Credits BIO& 241+ Anatomy & Physiology I 5 BIO& 242+ Anatomy & Physiology II 5 BIO& 260 Microbiology 5 CHEM& 121 Introduction to Chemistry 5 CMST& 210,
or CMST& 230
Communication Studies 5 ENGL& 101 English Composition 5 MATH& 146 Introduction to Statistics 5 NUTR& 101 Nutrition 5 PSYC& 200 Lifespan Psychology 5
A minimum grade of 2.5 or higher is required in each nursing and supporting course.
One course may be in progress at the time of application.
+ Must be completed at the same college
Note: BIOL& 160 is required before taking BIOL& 241; PSYC& 100 is required before taking PSYC& 200 These courses (BIOL&160 and PSYC&100) do not count as pre-requisites to apply to the program.
- Apply to Green River College and obtain a student ID number.
- Have your official transcripts sent to Green River College. You will need to do this for each college you have attended.
The following will be completed during the application cycle March-June of the year you intend to apply:
- Complete the Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exam at the Assessment and Testing Center. You can take this test between the months of March and July remotely via the Assessment and Testing Center. The exam consists of four sections: Science, Reading, Writing, and Critical Thinking. You can study for the exam by purchasing the Kaplan Nursing School Entrance Exams: Your Complete Guide into Nursing School, 7th Edition book. Applicants will need a 67% overall score. To check the testing center’s hours and to schedule an exam, please visit the Assessment & Testing Center page.
- Complete all required immunizations and tests.
- Two-step TB
- Hepatitis B
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap)
- COVID-19 (optional at this time, but highly encouraged)
- Complete the application: Practical Nursing Application March 2021
Degrees & Certificates
Program Quick Links
- Program Overview
- Mission and Program Goals
- Application and Admissions
- Important Dates
- Costs & Funding Options
- 2020-2021 Student Nursing Handbook
Contact & Location
- Email Us for General Inquiries
- Call for appointment: 253-833-9111, ext. 2641
- Health Occupation Admissions
Career & Advising Center
Student Affairs & Success Building, 104
The Green River College, Practical Nursing program is pursuing accreditation from the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA), located at 2600 Virginia Avenue, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20037; phone 202-909-2526. Interested parties are invited to submit third-party comments in writing directly to NLN CNEA, attention Lesleyan Jackson, NLN CNEA Manager, Accreditation Services, no later than April 5, 2021.