Practical Nursing Admissions
The Practical Nursing program requires the Kaplan Nursing Admissions Test as part of the application process.
Only students who will be applying for the Practical Nursing program at Green River College are allowed to take this test. If you wish to take the Kaplan Nursing Admissions Test for another institution, please contact your institution about taking you admissions exam remotely.
The Kaplan Nursing Admissions Test consists of 4 sections: Reading (22 questions, 45 minutes); Math (28 questions, 45 minutes); Writing (21 questions, 45 minutes); Science (20 questions, 30 minutes).
- Test Fee: $0.00
- Time: Timed, 2 hours and 45 minutes
- Mode: Computer based
- Passing Score: 67%
- Enroll: Students must enroll into the Kaplan Admissions Test Cohort for Green River College. Follow the steps below to enroll:
- Go to: https://www.kaptest.com/nclex/partner/green-river-community-college
- Follow the enrollment steps to register your account
- DO NOT ENROLL INTO THE RETAKE COHORT UNLESS ADVISED BY THE TESTING CENTER
- Use your Green River Email Address to register for this account, you will use the Kaplan resource throughout the nursing program if admitted
- If a personal email address is used, the student will be asked to re-enroll into the cohort and will not be able to take the Admissions Test until they enroll using their Green River Email address
- For help accessing your Green River Student Email, please join the Student Helpdesk Zoom Lobby by clicking this link: Virtual Assistance Lobby
- Disregard the “Time/Location” details on the Kaplan enrollment page
Note: You may need to re-enroll into the Kaplan Admissions Test Cohort for Green River College if you enrolled 30 or more days before your testing date. Contact the Assessment & Testing Center for confirmation before you re-enroll
- Proctoring & Scheduling-Examity: Proctoring & scheduling of you test will be done through Examity. Examity is an online proctoring site that allows students more flexibility on scheduling their test. Please allow three business days after enrolling into the Kaplan Cohort for information about scheduling to be sent to you.
- Examity Account set-up:
- Examity will send an email to your GRC student email account with your username and temporary password. Click on the link that will take you to the Examity site and login using the credentials provided. You will be asked to reset your password
- Once the password is reset, you will be logged into you Examity Dashboard
- Click on the "Profile" tab on your dashboard
- Follow the instructions on the Profile page to set up your profile
- Once your profile is set-up, you can now schedule a time to take your test by clicking the "Schedule" tab on your dashboard
- If you have any trouble with setting up you profile or scheduling with Examity, you will need to contact Examity
- You can use the LiveChat option
- Phone: 1-855-392-6489
- Email: email@example.com
- Examity Account set-up:
- Testing Accommodations: Individuals with a documented disability are eligible for accommodations. To request accommodations please contact Green River's Disability Support Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 253-931-6460, or TTD at 253-288-3359.
- Advanced Preparation: For more detailed information about the admissions tests as well as sample questions, please review the Kaplan’s Admission Test page. Additionally, Kaplan recommends their Nursing School Entrance Exams preparation book as well as any SAT preparation materials in the test subjects.
Degrees & Certificates
Program Quick Links
- Program Overview
- Mission and Program Goals
- Application and Admissions
- Important Dates
- Costs & Funding Options
- 2020-2021 Student Nursing Handbook
Contact & Location
- Email Us for General Inquiries
- Call for appointment: 253-833-9111, ext. 2641
- Health Occupation Admissions
Career & Advising Center
Student Affairs & Success Building, 104
The Green River College, Practical Nursing program is pursuing accreditation from the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA), located at 2600 Virginia Avenue, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20037; phone 202-909-2526. Interested parties are invited to submit third-party comments in writing directly to NLN CNEA, attention Lesleyan Jackson, NLN CNEA Manager, Accreditation Services, no later than April 5, 2021.