- Complete all prerequisites with a minimum grade of 2.5
- Complete a minimum of 20 or more hours of job shadowing in at least two different physical therapy settings. *It is strongly recommended applicants complete at least 20 hours in EACH of three different settings (outpatient, skilled nursing facility, hospital, rehab center, schools, etc.)
- If you have taken courses or completed a degree at a different institution, send your official transcripts to enrollment services and fill out a Transcript Evaluation Request form. (If you do not fill out this form, your transcript will not be evaluated). Students with international transcripts need to first evaluate their transcript through a third party evaluator (check www.fis-web.com for a list of approved accreditors)
- Essay (see application for prompt)
- Activate your Green River email address and check once a week. Note: All admission decisions will be sent to your Green River email address.
PTA program admission requirements and the application process are subject to change from year to year. If you are planning to apply for a later year, the packet will provide guidelines for the application process. The application packet is updated each fall for the following year and it is the applicant’s responsibility to be aware of current application requirements.
Students are selected for the program who have demonstrated academic competence and a familiarity with physical therapy including the essential functions of the physical therapist assistant student. The procedures used in selection, evaluation and retention do not discriminate and are consistent with the policies of Green River College.
Students who satisfy admissions requirements will be selected based on:
- A college grade point average of 2.5 out of 4.0 with no prerequisite courses falling below a grade of 2.5.
- See Prerequisites for detailed information.
- Completed required supporting courses prerequisites. One course may be in progress but must be completed with a minimum grade of 2.5 by the end of summer quarter.
- Documentation of at least 20 hours of job shadow or volunteer experience in physical therapy.
- Be at least 18 years or older
- Note: The typical successful applicant had a 3.0 or better in most prerequisite courses, a college GPA of near or above a 3.0, and substantial experience in physical therapy or a related field.
Experience Evaluation Example: points awarded for one category in each column
|Minimum requirement: 20 hours in PT. May be met by:||Additional Points||Additional Points|
|Volunteer/job shadow||20 hours in a different PT setting (outpatient, skilled nursing, hospital, rehab center, school, etc. Not to include two different clinics of the same type)||Up to 60 additional hours volunteer job shadow in PT or
|Employment in a PT clinic||Employment in PT or
|Internship for another degree if minimum of 20 hours and supervised by a PT||Employment in a closely related field (massage, nursing assistant, athletic trainer, etc.)
Degrees & Certificates
Program Quick Links
- PTA Info Sheet
- Physical Therapist Assistant Application (2021)
- Physical Therapist Assistant Tuition & Fees
- Program Outcomes Data
Contact & Location
For more information or to make an appointment, please contact us at:
- Health Occupations Admissions
Career and Advising Center
Student Affairs & Success Building, 104
253-833-9111, ext. 2641
Physical Therapist Assistant program at Green River College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 253-833-9111 ext. 4343 or email email@example.com.