Apply for Admission
New Student Registration Dates & Deadlines
Below are important registration dates for upcoming quarters.
|Quarter||Registration Opens||Paperwork Submission Deadline||Classes Begin|
|Fall 2020||May 26, 2020||September 11, 2020||September 21, 2020|
- Apply for admission to Green River College online.
- Activate your required student email account. All Green River communication will be sent to your Green River Student email account.
- You will receive access to complete the online orientation shortly after you apply; access it at orientation.greenriver.edu.
- Log in to your student portal and begin exploring, after you retrieve your GRC student email: my.greenriver.edu.
- Questions about applying? Contact the Office of the Registrar at 253-833-9111, ext. 2500, in their Virtual Lobby, or by email.
- To be eligible for Running Start, you must place into ENGL& 101.
- English eligibility is determined by the College Success Assessment or by using Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA) ELA scores.
- Although math placement is not necessary for Running Start participation, students who plan to take math courses or courses with math prerequisites must show eligibility for college-level math. Math eligibility is determined by WAMAP exam or high school transcript.
- Visit the placement section for more information on placement options, testing procedures and practice tests.
- Visit the testing section for locations and hours of operation for the Assessment and Testing Center. At this time, testing is being conducted remotely and you must schedule to take the College Success Assessment. Allow up to 1-2 hours for testing. You will receive your score once you complete your test.
- Bring photo ID and your Green River student ID number when you are ready to test.
- Be sure to include a copy of English placement with your Running Start Enrollment Packet.
Complete and Submit RS Enrollment Packet
- Email proof of eligibility for ENGL& 101 to your high school counselor and obtain your Running Start Enrollment Verification Form (EVF).
- Complete all remaining forms in the Green River College Running Start Complete Enrollment Packet, which include:
- Cover page
- Running Start Student Responsibility Agreement Form
- Enrollment Verification Form (EVF)
- Running Start Advising Syllabus
- Copy of College Success Assessment scores or Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA) ELA scores (must be 3 or 4)
- Optional: Fee Waiver application with documentation, if eligible
- Submit completed Running Start Enrollment Packet to the Running Start Office via email: RunningStart@GreenRiver.edu. Retain the original copy for your records. Make sure your EVF is completely filled out. It is important it includes your Green River student ID number, a valid and legible email address and phone number, and is signed by your high school counselor (or school district official), you and your parent/guardian. You Student Responsbility Agreement must also be signed by both you and your parent/guardian.
NOTE: Home-schooled or private school students must contact their local high school district to seek instructions on enrollment procedures, which may differ by district.
Complete Orientation and Registration
Once you have completed all steps above, you may sign up for the mandatory in-person Registration, Advising, and Planning (RAP) session, where you will register for your first quarter's classes. Both orientations (online and the virtual RAP) are mandatory for participation in Running Start at Green River. A Running Start staff member will sign you up for a RAP session when you submit your Enrollment Packet. You will get an email confirmation to your GRC student email.
Hours of Operation
Phone Hours: (253) 288-3380
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday|
|8 a.m. to 12 p.m.|
|9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.|
Zoom Virtual Lobby Hours:
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday|
|2 p.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Thursday (Drop-In Advising)|
|9 a.m. to 3 p.m.|
|2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
Friday, April 16, 2021
Closed: 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Friday, April 23, 2021
Friday, May 7, 2021
Monday, May 31, 2021 (Memorial Day)
If you have any questions about Running Start or would like to schedule an appointment to meet with an Educational Planner please do not hesitate to contact us!
Virtual lobby: Connect with us via Zoom - see hours of operation page for availability.
Text reminders: text @grcrs to 253-948-9470
The Running Start Office is located in the Student Affairs Building (SA 135) on the Main Campus.
NOTE: The Campus is closed to the public for the remainder of the calendar year, 2020.
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA 98092-3699