Registration Dates & Deadlines for Currently Enrolled Students
|Quarter||Registration Opens||Registration Deadline||Classes Begin|
|Fall 2019||April 30, 2019||Sept. 21, 2019||Sept. 23, 2019|
|Winter 2020||November 13, 2019||Dec. 31, 2019||Jan. 2, 2020|
Before You Register
Running Start students must complete the following steps each quarter before registering for the following quarter.
- Meet with your high school counselor or school district office to complete the Running Start Enrollment Verification Form. Complete the form, including your signature and a parent or guardians signature. Submit the form to the Running Start Office at least one week prior to registration to ensure it is processed in time. Incomplete forms may delay your registration.
- Check your registration access time to check the specific day and time you are allowed to register for classes.
- If you are on academic alert or probation
You must complete an academic success plan and self-assessment prior to registering for classes. Students will receive these forms via email at the beginning of the quarter and can submit them to the Career & Advising Center or email them to RunningStart@greenriver.edu. If you would like to meet with an advisor to discuss your academic progress, you can call 253-833-9111, ext. 2674 to schedule an appointment.
Registering for Classes
- You may utilize the following tools to search for courses:
- Class Finder: This tool allows you to search for classes by subject, time, campus location, and more.
- Class Schedule: Includes class offerings for a particular quarter and important information regarding tuition, academic calendar, and more.
- College Catalog: Provides course descriptions for all Green River College classes and important college academic policies.
- If you already have the item number(s) of the class(es) you would like to register for, then you may proceed to online registration
- Remember to pay for your fees (and tuition, if applicable) within four business days after registering for classes. You may pay online or at the Cashier's Office.
Manage Your Waitlist
If you have added yourself to a waitlist, you can see your place in line by going to Manage My Waitlists
If you are interested in taking an online class, we recommend starting with one online class or a hybrid (both online and classroom format) class. .
Check out our tip sheet to help you be successful in the online learning environment; Online course tip sheet.
Hours of Operation
Phone Hours: (253) 288-3380
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday|
|8 a.m. to 12 p.m.|
|9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.|
Zoom Virtual Lobby Hours:
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday|
|2 p.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Thursday (Drop-In Advising)|
|9 a.m. to 3 p.m.|
|2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
Friday, April 16, 2021
Closed: 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Friday, April 23, 2021
Friday, May 7, 2021
Monday, May 31, 2021 (Memorial Day)
If you have any questions about Running Start or would like to schedule an appointment to meet with an Educational Planner please do not hesitate to contact us!
Virtual lobby: Connect with us via Zoom - see hours of operation page for availability.
Text reminders: text @grcrs to 253-948-9470
The Running Start Office is located in the Student Affairs Building (SA 135) on the Main Campus.
NOTE: The Campus is closed to the public for the remainder of the calendar year, 2020.
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA 98092-3699