The Worker Retraining program provides funding for dislocated workers who need retraining in order to return to the workforce.
The program provides retraining support to individuals who are on: Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefits, exhausted UI within the past 48 months, were self-employed, are displaced homemakers, are facing imminent layoffs discharged from the military, or who are considered to be vulnerable workers. You may be eligible for Worker Retraining, if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You are collecting Unemployment, or
- You have exhausted UI in the last 48 months or
- You have received a layoff notice, or
- You were self-employed and closed your business in the past 2 years, or
- You will or have separated from the Armed forces within the past 48 months, or
- You are a displaced homemaker, or
- You are a vulnerable worker
Funding Workshop for New Students
To apply for Worker Retraining funding, sign up to attend a Go 2 College Free Workshop.
Community Resources Online (CRO) is the most comprehensive database of health and human services. With more than 6,000 service listings, it is a very effective way to find assistance. For resources like transportation, health clinics, legal help, rent or utilities assistance, food banks, emergency shelters and much more call 2-1-1 to speak to a referral specialist or go to win211.org.
Contact Workforce Education
Phone: 253-833-9111, extension 2211
WorkForce Education is located on Green River College's main campus in Auburn in CH-303
Hours of Operation
|8 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|