Additional information about Green River's Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Students may receive financial aid to take up to 45 credits of developmental coursework (courses below 100 level).
- Financial aid will pay for students to repeat a class once if the original grade was less than 3.5. Financial aid will also pay to retake a class with an "I" (incomplete) grade if re-registered in the class.
- Grades of 0.0 - 0.9, I, N, W, NC, or Y do not count toward completed credits.
- Adult Based Education (ABE), G.E.D. Preparation, English for Speakers of Other Languages, Continuing Education, some High School completion classes, and Parenting classes are not eligible for financial aid and do not count toward attempted credits for the period of enrollment. Apprenticeships do not qualify for financial aid unless they are required credits for an approved certificate or degree.
- If financial aid applications are completed late in the year, students may be paid retroactively for the quarters already completed during the current academic year, as long as they were considered in good academic standing for the prior quarter(s) and at the time the financial aid eligibility is determined.
- Students must be working toward an eligible degree or certificate program to receive financial aid, and all classes must apply toward the degree or certificate program at Green River.
- If students have documented disabilities, they can be allowed reasonable accommodations to make up credits and improve grades. These decisions will be based on individual circumstances and determined by the Financial Aid Office.
Facts to know
- Financial aid will only pay for required classes in eligible programs at Green River.
- Subsidized loan eligibility for new borrowers is limited to a student's 150% timeframe. Students must complete a certificate or degree within the 150% timeframe AND show official program completion. Otherwise, you will lose the interest subsidy on your loan. Your successful completion will save you money!
- High school completion, continuing education, adult basic education, transitional studies (below TS 101) and/or ESOL are NOT eligible for financial aid. Apprenticeships do not qualify for financial aid.
Office Closure Notice
The GRC Financial Aid Office will be closed on the following days. Phones, Zoom, and email will be unavailable.
- All Day Friday, April 23rd
We are currently processing applications for the current financial aid year (2020-2021) completed in March 2021. (updated on 4/15/2021)
Renew Your FAFSA or WASFA for 2021-2022
If you are planning on attending Green River College next year and will be using financial aid to cover the cost of your tuition, submit your FAFSA or WASFA for the 2021-2022 award year by April 30th. If you need help completing the FAFSA or WASFA, visit our Zoom virtual lobby Monday through Friday between 8 AM and 5 PM and on Thursdays between 6 and 8 PM.
Need extra money to pay for childcare, bills, books, supplies, rent, or transportation?
We know that financial aid often isn't enough to cover all the expenses students need for college. Fill out an online application for our Student Support Grant today!
The Green River College Foundation Scholarship application is open now through April 30th. Apply today!
Federal School Code
Our Federal School Code is 003780
Hours of Operation
|Zoom & Email Hours|
|Monday - Friday 12 PM - 4 PM|
|Phone Hours (253) 288-3392|
|Monday - Thursday 10 AM - 4 PM|
|Friday 12 - 4 PM|
|Drop-in FAFSA/WASFA Assistance in Zoom|
|Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM|
|*Evening Hours* Thursday 6 PM - 8 PM|
Due to COVID-19, the Green River College campus is currently closed except for approved CTE/CE programs.
We are not offering Financial Aid support in-person at this time.
Please contact us virtually with your questions.