Applying for Aid
Here are the steps to follow to receive your financial aid in a timely manner. Receiving financial aid is a five-step process for most students.
1. Apply for admission to Green River College
Returning students who have been away for a quarter or more must notify Enrollment Services by call, 253-833-9111, ext. 2500, or in person.
2. Submit aid applications
- Submit online FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid). Which application should I complete?
FAFSA 2020-2021 (Fall 2020 - Summer 2021)
FAFSA 2019-2020 (Fall 2019 - Summer 2020)
Need Help with filing your FAFSA?
Chat with Financial Aid representatives via online Zoom!
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
*Addtional evening hours* Thursdays 6-8 PM
- 5-7 business days after you complete the FAFSA/WASFA, we receive your processed FAFSA/WASFA electronically and you will be able to log into the Student Financial Aid Portal to check your application status.
- Once the Financial Aid office receives all necessary documents, “Ready to Review” will be posted on your Financial Aid Portal.
- You can find the “Ready to Review” Item from the bottom of the Portal page in the “Information We Need From You” section and the month your file was complete will be shown in the “Additional Info” column.
3. Log into your Student Financial Aid Portal
Check the Financial Aid Portal to review your financial aid status. The portal is our primary communication tool with you regarding your financial aid.
4. Receive your Financial Aid
- Receive instructions on how to select a refund preference in the mail from BankMobile Disbursements. Follow the directions to select your refund preference. If you have not received instructions from BankMobile by the time you receive your award letter, please contact our office. For more information about BankMobile, visit this link: https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/how-it-works/.
- Receive your financial aid award letter in the mail and email; posted on the portal under the "Award" section as well.
- Accept/decline the offered awards through the portal or by returning the award letter to our office.
- After your tuition has been paid, you receive your remaining financial aid through BankMobile Disbursements.
5. Manage your Financial Aid
In order to remain eligible to receive financial aid, you must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP); failure to do so will result in a loss and/or repayment of aid.
Office Closure Notice
The GRC Financial Aid Office will be closed on the following days. Phones, Zoom, and email will be unavailable.
- All Day Friday, April 23rd
We are currently processing applications for the current financial aid year (2020-2021) completed in March 2021. (updated on 4/15/2021)
Renew Your FAFSA or WASFA for 2021-2022
If you are planning on attending Green River College next year and will be using financial aid to cover the cost of your tuition, submit your FAFSA or WASFA for the 2021-2022 award year by April 30th. If you need help completing the FAFSA or WASFA, visit our Zoom virtual lobby Monday through Friday between 8 AM and 5 PM and on Thursdays between 6 and 8 PM.
Need extra money to pay for childcare, bills, books, supplies, rent, or transportation?
We know that financial aid often isn't enough to cover all the expenses students need for college. Fill out an online application for our Student Support Grant today!
The Green River College Foundation Scholarship application is open now through April 30th. Apply today!
Federal School Code
Our Federal School Code is 003780
Hours of Operation
|Zoom & Email Hours|
|Monday - Friday 12 PM - 4 PM|
|Phone Hours (253) 288-3392|
|Monday - Thursday 10 AM - 4 PM|
|Friday 12 - 4 PM|
|Drop-in FAFSA/WASFA Assistance in Zoom|
|Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM|
|*Evening Hours* Thursday 6 PM - 8 PM|
Due to COVID-19, the Green River College campus is currently closed except for approved CTE/CE programs.
We are not offering Financial Aid support in-person at this time.
Please contact us virtually with your questions.