Holiday Schedule November through January
GRC will be closed to the public Wednesday 11/25/2020 at noon and will reopen Monday 11/30/2020 at 8 AM.
GRC will be closed to the public Thursday 12/24/2020 at noon and will reopen 12/28/2020 at 8AM.
GRC will be closed to the public 12/31/2020 at noon and will reopen 1/4/2021 at 8 AM.
TRiO Student Support Services
"Supporting Student Success"
TRiO Student Support Services increases opportunities for academic success for first generation, low income, and/or students with disabilities. It actively provides comprehensive academic support services and encouragement to eligible students. The goal is to increase graduation and baccalaureate transfer rates for our students and to foster a climate supportive of the success of SSS-eligible students.
You may be eligible for TRiO if you are a Green River College student who is:
- A U.S. citizen, permanent resident or refugee pursuing your first associate degree and have demonstrated need for academic assistance (according to the Department of Education Guidelines)
- Pursuing a transfer degree with intent to transfer to a 4-year school after Green River College graduation (students pursuing a professional technical program are not eligible, however, you may be eligible for WorkForce Education)
- Currently enrolled in 10 or more credits (at least 5 at college level)
You also must meet at least ONE of the following criteria to be considered for eligibility:
- Be a first generation college student (neither parent holds a bachelor's degree)
- Meet low-income federal guidelines
- Have a documented disability
(Students who have previously completed a college degree are not eligible for TRiO)
How to Apply
- Complete the TRiO Application form and Income Verification form. Return both to the Student Affairs and Success Center, Room 211
- (Having trouble printing out the TRiO application? Use this fillable version: TRIO Application (Fillable).)
- Schedule an orientation appointment with one of our educational planners/advisor
TRiO offers these free services to participants:
- Personalized educational planning
- Transfer advising
- Major choice and career advising
- Tutoring for specified courses
- Visits to local 4-year colleges
- Scholarship and financial aid resources
- TRiO computer lab
- Textbook and calculator lending library
For more information, please visit the TRiO office. We are here to answer any of your questions about the TRiO Program at Green River College.
Hours of Operation
|Monday – Thursday|
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday - Sunday|
Student Affairs & Success Center, 211