CRRSA Act Funding

About the CRRSA Act (or CARES Act II)

We know that the COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically affected your lives. It has caused many of you to experience significant emotional and financial stress while trying to keep yourselves and your families healthy and safe.

Green River College has been allocated funds from the federal Coronavirus Reponse and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Act.The CRRSA Act established and funded the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) to provide emergency financial aid grants. These critical funds will help eligible GRC students cover expenses related to unanticipated travel, additional technology requirements, or other needs related to an emergency situation.
Green River College is here for you and we want to help you succeed!

During this uncertain time, we want to support you with the tools necessary to continue and complete your educational journey. Therefore, we are excited to announce that additional funding is available from the CRRSA Act, and other Green River emergency resources, to support students with expenses, including technology, course materials, and living expenses. Fill out an online application today to apply for emergency funding.

Funding Sources

Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Act

(Awaiting clarification and guidance from the Department of Education.)
  • Enrolled in 6 or more credits for current quarter
  • Must have complete 2020-21 FAFSA on file
  • Priority given to students currently receiving Pell grants


  • Enrolled in 6 or more credits for current quarter
  • Must be Washington resident
  • FAFSA/WASFA not required
  • No requirements around academic standing
  • To be used for educational or living expenses; cannot be used for tuition or fees

Gator Pledge

  • Must be enrolled for current quarter, no minimum number of credits
  • International, non-resident, and federal financial aid ineligible okay
  • FAFSA/WASFA not required
  • No requirements around academic standing
  • To be used for educational or living expenses; limited funds available for tuition and fees
    • Typically requires a bill in the student's name

Frequently Asked Questions

Complete the application on our Student Support Grant Application page.

Green River College has several funding sources available to help students with emergency needs. We encourage all currently registered students in need to apply for assistance. One common application is used for all these sources. 

  • The federal CRRSA Act supplies money to schools to assist students. In order to qualify for CRRSA money, students must have completed their 2020-21 FAFSA. Priority is given to students currently receiving the Pell grant 
  • Other emergency resources include Gator Pledge, United Way, and the state Student Emergency Assistance Grant. Many of these are open to all students regardless of financial aid eligibility, residency, or citizenship. 

Emergency funding is not related to income. Many students in need are eligible to receive assistance regardless of their financial aid status. However, to be eligible for CRRSA, students must complete a 2020-21 FAFSA, priority to student receiving Pell grant 

No, however funding is limited. Apply as soon as possible 

Emergency funding can be used to help pay for expenses such as technology, course materials, living expenses, childcare, and transportation. 

Award amounts will be considered based on student requests. There are limits to the amount a student can receive each quarterCRRSA funds will be distributed through Bank Mobile. Green River College is committed to use our funding to help students in the most equitable manner. 

For now, we anticipate it will take approximately one week to receive funding if you are approved. You will receive an email when you have been awarded and the amounts will be listed in the financial aid portal